Friday, November 19, 2010

Aimee Semple McPherson Castle

On Thursday November 18, the Lake Elsinore Historical Society sponsored a tour of the fabulous home built by Aimee Semple McPherson overlooking Lake Elsinore.  Built in 1929, it was her "get-away" home for about 10 years.  Recently, the Foursquare Church (which she founded) purchased and restored the house.  It is truly a site to see, and definitely a landmark around Elsinore.  Here are a few pics:


Exterior shot of the front of the castle


 Detail of the Great Room ceiling

The Great Room looking into the solarium

5 comments:

  1. Quite a place! Very interesting architecture. I've been through it twice now so far. I recently heard that the Foursquare Church was trying to sell the place now that they have it all fixed up so nice. Hope they change their mind as that would place any further tours in doubt. I remember hearing Aimee on the radio when my Grandmother would listen to her. She had a very different voice as I remember. She led a very strange life. Made the newspapers every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The castle is for sale for $1,250,000. So far, I doubt they have had any serious takers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was Purchased By My Church The Rock A Foursquare Church In Anaheim This Year 2011

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mari - glad to see it's in good hands!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are there tours scheduled for this castle? Whre would I find them?

    ReplyDelete