Sunday, August 7, 2011

My newest book - Riverside County's parks

Hi all - I realize I haven't posted here in awhile, and I aim to change that.  Anyway, my newest book is out now.  Entitled "More Than A Place To Pitch A Tent - The Stories Behind Riverside County's Regional Parks," it offers the stories behind the beginnings of 20 of Riverside County's parks and interpretive facilities.  Included are:  Bogart Park, Box Springs Moutain Park and Reserve, Crestmore Manor (the headquarters of the Riverside County Regional Park and Open-Space District), the Gilman Historic Ranch and Wagon Museum, the Hidden Valley Nature Center, Hurkey Creek Park, Idyllwild Park, Idyllwild Nature Center, the Jensen-Alvarado Historic Ranch and Museum, Kabian Park, Lake Cahuilla Recreation Area, Lake Skinner Recreation Area, Lawler Lodge, the Louis Robidoux Nature Center, Martha McLean/Anza Narrows Park, Mayflower Park, McCall Memorial Park, Rancho Jurupa Park, the San Timoteo Schoolhouse, and the Santa Rosa Plateau Nature Center.

The book is 150 pages, with lots of photos, both historic and new (including pics of those for whom the parks are named), Right now, it's available through me for $20.  I'm hoping to have it at the parks and in museums throughout the county over the next few months.  If interested, let me know !!

No comments:

Post a Comment